Tutorial & Recipe for Chamellia 9 Spice Fresh Chai Cupcakes
The other day, the Founder of Somage Fine Foods and good friend of ours Nathan Wakeford came for a visit to our store and we decided to work together to create the best Chai cupcake ever created with his specially formulated Fresh Chai - not powder but the real fresh leaf, organic honey, 9 spices mix. As soon as I smelt that chai, I knew it was going to be absolutely amazing as a cupcake ingredient.
Now, you all know that we're a little secretive about our cupcake recipes at Cupcake Central and we are working on our cook book at the moment but we knew that we just had to share this special Chamellia 9 Spice Fresh Chai Cupcake recipe with you. The flavours are phenomenal and the honey from the Fresh Chai creates this delicious crunch on the top of the cupcake which is pure bliss.
Cupcake Recipe: Chamellia 9 Spice Fresh Chai Cupcakes by Cupcake CentralMakes: 12 -- 15 cupcakes Ingredients: • 4 tablespoons of Chamellia's 9 Spice Fresh Chai • 115g cake flour, not self-rising • 100g unbleached plain flour • 160g caster sugar • 15g baking powder • 1/2 teaspoon salt • 110 grams unsalted New Zealand butter, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 cup) • 2 large eggs • 1 cup full cream milk • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract) Milk Infusion Preparation: 1. The night before baking measure out milk and add 4 tablespoon of the fresh Chamellia 9 Spice Fresh Chai, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours. 2. Take milk out of the fridge 20 minutes prior to making the batter. Stir the milk and using a sieve, strain the milk from all the fresh chai. It's ok if you have a few fresh chai leaf specks in there, it adds to the flavour! Baking Directions:
- Preheat oven to 163C (Fan forced) or 173C (No fan).
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine and sift flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined.
- With the mixer on slow speed again, add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.
- Then add vanilla extract
- Then add eggs, one at a time -- the mixer still on slow speed. Scrape down the bowl to ensure that the ingredients on the bottom of the bowl are thoroughly mixed through.
- With mixer on slow speed, add 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of the fresh chai infused milk slowly. Once all incorporated, scrape down the bowl once again.
- Beat on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Using an ice cream scoop for even cupcakes, divide batter among liners, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake, rotating pan at 14 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.